The Chicken Lit Bookclub started in January 2008 as a way to round up blogger readers as they shared discussions about books. Anyone is welcome to offer suggestions for book selections and opinions about our reading content. In fact, we are a group of educated and highly opinionated readers who know how to keep things lively – sharing the love of reading is what we’re all about!
Here are the basic guidelines to help keep the bookclub focused:
- Membership is open to registered users on the Chicken Lit Bookclub website.
- Titles and/or theme suggestions for bookclub selections are welcome.
- The bookclub administrator reserves the right to choose and post featured books.
- After a featured book is posted, members are not required to purchase the book from the bookclub website to participate in forums. However, any earnings received from online book sales shall support the cost of maintaining the online bookclub.
- The reading timeline for each featured book will be divided into weekly segments, ending with an open forum for discussion. Timelines will be posted.
- Revealing details or plotlines early in the book reading is strictly prohibited and shall result in lifetime banishment from the Chicken Lit Bookclub. You don’t want to go there. Play nicely.
- The bookclub administrator reserves all rights to block or delete vulgar comments posted within the discussion arena, so please avoid any form of vulgarity on this site.
- Any kind of required legalese not mentioned in the above guidelines goes here. As a law abiding member, you get the drift.
With all that, let’s get reading!
UPDATE: Click here to read about the new bookclub format.