May 28, 2008
This thread opens up the final discussion and wrap-up of book #12, So Much For My Happy Ending. A couple of us whizzed right through the remaining chapters and are ready to discuss, but we won’t hold it against any readers who might not have gotten into it as much as we did. With summer vacations starting next week, I want to go ahead and wrap this one up with an open dialogue, then we’ll take a break from our reading until late-June.
Soooo? What are your thoughts whether you finished the book or not? Spill it all right here while you have the chance. Also, any suggestions for book #13? Post it now!
May 25, 2008
This post opens up the first discussion on book #12, So Much For My Happy Ending. Within these first 10 chapters, let’s go ahead and talk about observations and questions, such as:
- Do you like Davis’ non-mystery writing style?
- What do you think Jeremiah knows about Tad and wants to bring out in the open to April?
- Were there warning signs and clues that April should have paid more attention to before marrying Tad?
- Can life continue as normal for April and Tad after returning from the honeymoon gone bad?
Any other questions are completely welcome – this book is getting very interesting!
May 22, 2008
How about this non-mystery novel: So Much For My Happy Ending, also by Kyra Davis? Again you can click the book page here or in the sidebar under ‘Book #12‘.
With summer right around the corner, join in with us as we read and discuss another book by a Chicken Lit Bookclub favorite author, Kyra Davis. We’ll miss Sophie and Anatoly this time around, but perhaps another set of characters will keep our reading interest – as in Tad Showers and April Silverperson.
Is this young couple’s marriage doomed from the start? Was it all a big mistake? Let’s read on and discover what’s in store.
May 20, 2008
Let’s go ahead and close out our discussion here on book #11, Passion, Betrayal and Killer Highlights. Just a few questions to get us going:
- Did you see the ending coming?
- What was your favorite event or quote in the remaining chapters?
- Do you think Leah actually grew in character with her visit to the holding cell?
- What did you like more/less about this novel in comparison to the other 2 Sophie Katz mysteries?
- And finally, give us your overall take – how do you rate it on a 1-10 scale (1=worst, 10=best)?
Without wasting any time, how about if we move on to So Much For My Happy Ending? Let me know if you’re joining in with us – good reads ahead!
May 19, 2008
Let’s move along to the second discussion on book #11, Passion, Betrayal and Killer Highlights. At this point, we’ve finished reading chapter 13 and what a bumpy ride it has been since chapter 6! Don’t you agree? So many questions are swirling around in my mind as the plot thickens. But to avoid posting any spoilers for those of you still catching up, this discussion will be completely open to any thoughts or ideas that you might have.
Well… any burning questions? Fire away!
May 14, 2008
This post opens up the first discussion on book #11, Passion, Betrayal and Killer Highlights. By now we’re finished reading the first 6 chapters – so? What are your thoughts at this point? How about some questions to get us started:
- What did you think about the transition between book #10 and this one?
- Do you believe Leah is innocent?
- Is Sophie helping the investigation at all?
- Do you sense a romantic interest between Anatoly and Sophie at this point?
Those are just off the top of my head. Got any others?