July 27, 2008
This is it – the final discussion and wrap-up for book #15, The Beach House. So, what was your overall feel for the book? In addition, here are more questions to get us talking:
- Were you shocked at Evan/Everett’s sudden appearance and subsequent passing?
- Do you think Michael let Daff off the hook too easily after overhearing her conversation with Mark about the real estate scheme?
- Were you surprised at Bee’s metamorphosis in Nantucket?
- Do you like the way the author left Daniel & Matt’s relationship at the end?
- Is this a Jane Green novel that you would recommend to other readers?
As for book #16, the next book under consideration is Meet Me in Venice. Do you have any others that you would like the Chicken Lit’ers to read? We’re always open to future reading suggestions!
July 25, 2008
Lo and behold, finally here we are with the second discussion on book #15, The Beach House. By now you are probably up to chapter 22, correct? Then how about if we chat about these questions:
- Were you surprised Jess and her erratic behaviors?
- Do you think Michael will hold strong in his relationship decisions?
- What do you think Daff and/or Nan should do about the Windermere property?
- Are you sensing a sudden change in the wind with Nan’s health and strange dreams?
- How do you like the pace of this novel so far? Thumb up? Down?
As always, these are just discussion suggestions – any/all posts are welcome on this open dialogue. What are you thinking at this point in the book? Hmmmm?
July 16, 2008
Let’s go ahead now and roll out the first discussion on book #15, The Beach House. Have you finished reading chapters 1-10? If so, let’s talk about your thoughts on questions like these:
- Do you like the way Green opens with the many different characters? Or do you find it confusing?
- Can you envision where each relationship is headed? Or are you finding yourself drawn in to find out?
- What are your thoughts about the storyline? Is it believable?
- So far, how do you compare this novel to other books you’ve read by Jane Green? (If applicable.)
Feel free to answer these questions or just post whatever comes to mind – this forum is completely open, as long as the discussion doesn’t include spoilers! What are your thoughts?
July 5, 2008
This is the 2nd and final discussion thread for Shoe Addicts Anonymous, chapters 9-25 including the epilogue. What did you think of the whirlwind of events and how they spiraled to a close? How about that ending – did it provide the closure you were anticipating? All thoughts welcome here!
A couple of book #15 possibilities came up in earlier discussions, and I welcome any feedback. Do you have a preference between Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman or The Beach House? If so, please post now before selection is final. Your vote counts!
July 2, 2008
Alrighty Chicken Lit readers, it’s time to get started on the first discussion on book #14, Shoe Addicts Anonymous. Let’s go ahead and talk about chapters 1 through 8 with these questions to get us started:
- Was the theme of this book what you were expecting after reading book #13?
- Were you surprised at how Abbey, Tiffany and Loreen got themselves into trouble while in Las Vegas?
- Doesn’t it seem like Las Vegas events only added to the women’s already precarious situations?
- Was Loreen oblivious or just in denial when Rod went to work on her? And did you find the cashier scene laughable?
- What about Damon – wasn’t it spooky the way he mysteriously appeared to Abbey in the casino?
- Do you think Sandra’s money making ‘secret’ will actually rid the four women of their debt?
- Are you concerned the women are bound to find themselves at odds with the PTA, or in Abbey’s case, the church where her husband is a minister?
We can talk about so many things so far, but I only listed a few ideas. What are your thoughts at this point?