- When we meet Cornelia’s neighbor Piper, she is commenting on Cornelia’s lawn and home, suggesting changes. How do you think Cornelia should have reacted? Have you ever had any similar experiences with neighbors?
- Dev is embarking on a quest to find his father. How do you feel about Lake’s hiding of his father’s information from Dev? Is she being fair?
- Do you think Clare and Dev’s relationship is an accurate depiction of first love? How does their relationship differ from the other romantic relationships in the novel? What do you think will happen between them in the future?
- Cornelia compares life to the movies. What, if any, movie does the novel remind you of? To what movie(s) would you compare your life?
- With Marisa de los Santos being our newest bookclub author, what are your thoughts on her writing style? Have you read any other novels by this author? Do you think you might be interested in reading more of her books?